Here’s the beginnings of a directory of social bookmark manager/taglike storage facilities. That’s a mouthful, but the list isn’t:
- furl: The blurb: Save a personal copy of any page on the Web with a single click. Search the full text of your entire archive in an instant. Share what you find through email, RSS or your own site, automatically. See what others are saving and discover new, useful information. Access your archive from any computer, anywhere. It’s free to sign up, and quick and easy to install
- del.icio.us The blurb: del.icio.us is a social bookmarks manager. It allows you to easily add sites you like to your personal collection of links, to categorize those sites with keywords, and to share your collection not only between your own browsers and machines, but also with others.
- Spurl The blurb: Spurl.net is a free on-line bookmarking service and search engine. It allows you to store and quickly access again all the interesting pages you find on the web from any Internet connected computer.
- Spurlbar The blurb: The spurlbar is an extension for FireFox, which lets you to use spurl.net bookmarking service easily.
- flickr The blurb: almost certainly the best online photo management and sharing application in the world.
- Simpy The blurb: social bookmarking and personal search engine
- StumbleUpon The blurb: a network of people and pages. It is a free tool which helps you browse, review and share webpages while meeting new people.
- Powermarks The blurb: Bookmark Manager and Personal Search Engine
As ever, suggestions for more gratefully received.