I couldn’t find any of this information anywhere coherent or easy to locate, so here it is in one place. Of limited usefulness, I know, but this is a public service that gets me to heaven at some point.
Dopod 818 hard reset:
- Press Camera button + Communication button (the one lower than volume switch). Keep holding them;
- Use your stylus to hit the soft reset button. Keep holding the two buttons.
- Screen will go black with the text “Press Send to restore to factory default, Other keys to quit”. Release the two side buttons
- Hit the send button (the green phone button). Release.
Dopod 900 hard reset;
- Press both “-“ buttons together and hold;
- Press “reset” button with stylus, hold for at least 2 seconds;
- Release reset button;
- Screen will go white, and you’ll be asked to press 0 to reset, x to quit. You can release both “-“ buttons.
- Press “0” (that’s zero) and release.
- Go to Accessories folder.
- Choose option Clear Storage
- You’ll be asked to key in 1234 to confirm.
- This will hard reset and restore to factory defaults
Neat machines, by the way.