Two More Bookmark Managers
Here are two additions to my Directory of Bookmark managers:
Henrik Sjöstrand tells me of his Netvouz, which includes
your own online bookmarks page which gives a good overview of your favorite web sites and easy access to them. You organize your bookmarks in categories and tag each bookmark with keywords and can then browse them by category or tag, or search for them. Bookmarks can be public (like a social bookmark manager) or private. Your bookmarks are regularly validated to ensure they are not broken. It also has import/export capabilities, intranet bookmarks, Hotpicks for your most used bookmarks, RSS feeds, an Add2Netvouz button for easily bookmarking new sites, and a clean-looking user interface. The “new” and “popular” pages show what other people use and is a great way to discover new interesting web sites.
Favorites Finder runs in a bar at the bottom of your browser and by typing a few key letters you can navigate quickly to any website you’ve added to your favorites. You can now add more websites to your favorites and reach them much more quickly than by scrolling through a long list with your mouse.
Instead of scrolling through a long list of bookmarks or typing the full address for a website you can simply click in the Favorites Finder bar, type a few letters from the website title, address or folder name, hit Enter and be off to that site. It’s especially useful for those sites you’re always visiting, be it an ebay listing, your webmail, or favorite blog.
Favorites Finder is available as a free 30-day trial, downloadable from To continue use after that costs $12.95.
Anyone with more suggestions to any of the directories, please feel free to drop me a line.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Share on Skype (Opens in new window)
10. June 2005 by jeremy
Categories: Internet life, Resources, Software, apps | Tags: author, Bookmark, Collaboration, David Ross, favorite web sites, Favorites Finder bar, Google Bookmarks, Henrik Sjöstrand, online bookmarks, Smart bookmark, social bookmark manager, Social bookmarking, Social information processing, Web browsers | Comments Off on Two More Bookmark Managers