The Return Of PaperMaster Pro
I’m a huge fan of software that scans and stores stuff for you, but the Holy Grail has always been out of reach in my view. No one program does it all. Right now I’m settling for ScanSoft’s PaperPort, which is about the only game in town, or was, until j2 Global Communications, Inc relaunched their acquisition of a few years back, PaperMaster. Today I got an email from them touting their new PaperMaster Pro version 7 (I wasn’t counting too closely, but I must have missed 2 through 6). Anyway PaperMaster Pro looks like you can
- Create PDFs from any office application or scan
- Organize fast and easy
- Find anything in seconds
- Get powerful OCR – Never re-type any document
- Fax easier via the internet with built-in eFax
which might make it worth a look. I certainly will, and I’ll get back to you, either in the blog or the column, or both. For now, I’m told the new features include being able to
- Scan & staple pages to already filed paperwork
- Scan to any folder with one click, for fast easy filing when you have piles of paperwork to file.
- Auto-crop & page straighten improve the look and clarity of your scanned paperwork.
- Batch file all your paperwork on your computer into PaperMaster in one easy step.
Oh, and loyal users get a $100 discount on the $199 price. Or is it Euros? The download purchase site isn’t clear.